Sunday, January 3, 2010

The place you live is an entity. Like you, it's never finished. Anyway, still have a few things to do, housewise. But the thing is, I love the internet. I have this miniature triangle that I love. As matter of fact, two of them and a miniature ruled that I have had for years with no end, since my Brazilian days. They come in handy besides being cute. I spilled some india ink and forgot about it. Well, didn't even know that it happened, until I was organizing my drawing stuff. I was pissed, I tried to clean the damn ink, and normal means weren't working. So, I googled it and there: Ammonia! Worked like a damn charm. I also had a pair of Mars pens, from way back when they're popular. I washed them, the last time I used them, year ago. But, when I tried to use them again... they weren't working. Damn. I didn't throw them away for sentimental reasons, just kept them. And then, I said, why not? If they're totally ruined, won't make a difference, anyway. So, they've been soaking in ammonia for a week. Dunno if they will work, but sure the ink is dissolving. Hopefully, a miracle will happen and I will have them back.
Another great thing I learned from the same site, liquid wax takes acrylic paint stains from linoleum. So beautiful. I ruined my kitchen floor with that paint from hell. I keep the floor clean, but the stains were getting on my nerves big time. And, oh god. It's all clean and almost white as it's supposed to be. I am so happy.
I had a few things to fix around the house, sanding wood and stuff. Well, I spread my tools as I went along, but when all was done and fixed, I collected the tools and in five minutes, order was completely restored. Amazing. I almost can't recognize myself, as of lately. This fish is becoming a little Virgo in her old age.
But back to the ammonia. I had some glass cleaner with it, but all this soaking demanded a full bottle of it. The bottle boasted the magic liquid virtues, among them, use it to remove odors. I mean whaaaaaaaaaaat? Ammonia smell like piss, well piss is made of it ( actually, I could have used it instead, but I decided that my experimenting shouldn't go so far) Well, nothing against ammonia, on the contrary, but goddamn it, use ammonia to eliminate odors? Capitalism has no shame, indeed.

No comments: